Social Media Policy
SDSF.ie participates in social media to inform and engage with medical and research personnel and members of the public about our work.
SDSF.ie uses social media to:
- Communicate and interact with the public.
- Promote discussion on relevant Medical topics.
- Respond to queries from the public.
- Provide information about the Sleep related issues.
- Enable and respond to public feedback.
- Promote Sleep related initiatives, meetings, publications, conferences and seminars.
With the exception of direct messages and posts to our members-only group on LinkedIn, all SDSF.ie tweets and posts are public.
SDSF.ie does not engage with user content that is:
- Inappropriate or misleading.
- Potentially defamatory or harmful to the Society or the solicitors’ profession.
Please note that the SDSF.ie is not a Medical Practitioner, and does not give Medical advice.
Comments or opinions expressed by followers of SDSF.ie on social media do not represent the views of the SDSF.ie. SDSF.ie will moderate and remove any comments which are abusive, derogatory, defamatory or malicious in nature, or that do not comply with our social media policy.
Following and liking
SDSF.ie will mainly follow other organisations associated with the Medical profession, but may follow individuals who use social media in a professional or medical capacity.
Being followed or liked by any of the SDSF.ie social media accounts does not imply endorsement of any kind.
SDSF.ie will take a discerning approach towards following and liking, and will seek only to connect to the most relevant accounts.
SDSF.ie updates and monitors its social media accounts during the office hours of 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday. We aim to respond to queries within four working hours.